Can't use Chromecast

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can't use Chromecast

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Can't use Chromecast
Can't use Chromecast
2014-01-30 18:09:34
Region : Italy

Model : TD-W8961ND

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Dear folks,
I'm having lot of troubles using Chromecast with the aformentioned modem router.

My product is not currently listed as compatible on this site: https://support.google.com/chromecast/table/3477832?hl=en however I suppose is not very much different from those listed. Problem is that sometimes chromecast works, others I can't see it from my devices. It seems random and can be solved only restarting the router and reinstalling chromecast ex-novo. As far as I can understand, all my parameters are good (no client isolation, right frequency etc).

Do you have any suggestion? Any setup I can try to fix this and make connection stable?

Thank you in advance.
m
Options
14 Reply
Re:Can't use Chromecast
2014-02-08 19:19:08
bump!
Options
same problem here
2014-02-26 02:32:58
I have TP-W541G and facing the exact same problem. Chromecast works sometimes, but the casting icon disappears even in the middle of casting! Then, I have to restart the router and Chromecast to get it to work again!
Options
2014-02-28 06:50:15
I have a TL-MR3040 and chromecast can't see it all. I have several routers that the CC does work with, but I was really hoping to have a good solution for traveling.

RS
Options
same problem here
2014-05-30 00:59:38
I have a TL-WR340G and it see macadress of chromecast, but can not connect with chromecast. :(
Options
same problem here
2014-05-30 02:26:13
i have a router tp-wr340g and not connect with chromecast :(
Options
2014-06-01 08:43:43
My 8980 works fine!
Options
2014-06-20 04:15:28

mbagattini wrote

Region : Italy

Model : TD-W8961ND

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Dear folks,
I'm having lot of troubles using Chromecast with the aformentioned modem router.

My product is not currently listed as compatible on this site: https://support.google.com/chromecast/table/3477832?hl=en however I suppose is not very much different from those listed. Problem is that sometimes chromecast works, others I can't see it from my devices. It seems random and can be solved only restarting the router and reinstalling chromecast ex-novo. As far as I can understand, all my parameters are good (no client isolation, right frequency etc).

Do you have any suggestion? Any setup I can try to fix this and make connection stable?

Thank you in advance.
m

I have the same problem with the same router model. I found out that if I leave my wifi network open, I can set up and use the chromecast without problem.
The problem is that I want to secure my network. I tried every authentication type (like wpa or wpa2) and once it worked, but after some hours of use, it just stopped working with no apparent reason.
I thought that I could leave my wifi connection open and activate the MAC address filter to limit the access to my connection to only known devices, but I wanted something more convenient (after all, it would suck to register the MAC address of my guests devices every time someone visits me).

Does anybody know a workaround for this?
Options
this worked for me
2014-06-26 10:48:56
I also have a TD-W8961ND (but V3) and encountered a similar issue. The Chromecast setup part went fine, the homepage appeared with my wifi network name, but none of my device could find it. Once, after playing with the router setup and rebooting, it did work but only for one evening. The next day, same problem: No Chromecast found.

In the end, what worked was setting the authentication to WPA2-PSK and encryption to AES just like this guy.

I hope this will help you too
Options
chromecast tv
2015-05-28 11:09:23
I have the same problem, and the solution was change to change in WiFi encriptation to AES.

Best regards!
Options
Thank you!
2017-01-21 21:33:34
This setting works. Now the ipad can find the chromecast smoothly, Android maintains the connection, and the cast symbol always appears in chromecast-compatible apps. I was already thinking of changing my router. Thank you so much for sharing the tip.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1744

Replies: 14

Related Articles