How to change channel on extender TL-WA850RE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-02-05 04:42:21
Region : Belgium

Model : TL-WA850RE

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I just bought the extender.Main rooter is on channel 5 but I want to use another channel for the extender. is this possible? If yes, how can I do this knowning I have no ethernet port on my PC
many thanks
Options
6 Reply
Re:How to change channel on extender TL-WA850RE
2014-02-07 09:31:28
The extender must use the same channel as the front router.
There's no way to change it.
Options
thx
2014-02-09 23:25:38
thx for the response
Options
2014-06-24 01:48:12
I was looking for how to use a different channel on the range extender than the main router too, and it's very unfortunate that it cannot be done.

My main problem is that I have a "grey area" where both WiFi signals are available, but none seem to work! They probably collide, being on the same channel. If I move towards the router or towards the range extender, the network starts working again.
Options
2020-09-06 23:23:28

Recently I bought TL-WA860RE hoping to extend the wifi I have here. Unfortunately it doesn't do it well, rather - it makes WiFi almost unusable. I have a suspision that the reason - channels colliding but I'm not sure. Independent test show that at the point of repeater installation the new WiFi network it provides the packet loss is about 40 (!!!!) percent, while the original network makes less then 1%. Wasted money, junk.

Options
2020-09-11 08:53:25

@OnkelTem 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

As for the ping package loss, may I know the model number of your main router?

And did you save the picture of the 40% package loss and could you please send to me?

Is the hardware and firmware version TL-WA860RE(EU)_V6_200810?

By the way, how long have you had the 860RE and did the issue start out of box?

Thank you very much.

Options
2020-09-11 08:57:27

@tobia 

Good day.

For the ‘grey area’ issue, did you set up the same SSID on 850RE and main router?

And when you are in this ‘grey area’, could you please help me check the IP address on the Device and try to ping the default gateway to check the network connectivity?

By the way, what is the model number of your main router?

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 19765

Replies: 6