TD8960N as a access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-02-10 16:49:30
Region : Australia

Model : TD-W8960N

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version : 190212

ISP : IINET

I am attempting to extend a wireless connection using a TD-W8960N as an access point to connect to a Billion 7401vgpr which is connected to the NBN service . Currently the Billion is providing the Internet connection at 12.0mbps to a PC and Laptop. I have followed the steps as per faq ID : 344 for how to configure 8960 to work as WAN PORT with a cable modem.
My issue seems to be that I cannot configure the td8960 as a WAN port because in the Advanced settings the Lan Ports menu is not showing so it does not give me the opportunity to enable the virtual ports. I have tried setting it up with all the other details as per the configuration sheet but it will not give an Internet connection to the extended area.
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated
Options
1 Reply
Re:TD8960N as a access point
2014-02-11 06:34:52

darwintpl wrote

Region : Australia

Model : TD-W8960N

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version : 190212

ISP : IINET

I am attempting to extend a wireless connection using a TD-W8960N as an access point to connect to a Billion 7401vgpr which is connected to the NBN service . Currently the Billion is providing the Internet connection at 12.0mbps to a PC and Laptop. I have followed the steps as per faq ID : 344 for how to configure 8960 to work as WAN PORT with a cable modem.
My issue seems to be that I cannot configure the td8960 as a WAN port because in the Advanced settings the Lan Ports menu is not showing so it does not give me the opportunity to enable the virtual ports. I have tried setting it up with all the other details as per the configuration sheet but it will not give an Internet connection to the extended area.
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated

Sorry my apologies I used the incorrect firmware version. The current firmware version loaded in this unit is 1.1.1 Build 120912 Rel .67406 Hardware Version TD-W8960N V4 0x0000001 which to my belief is the current version that is on the website.

I have double checked the modem advanced settings and read and re read the manual and I cannot see in Advanced setup the Lan Ports as indicated on document FAQ:ID:344
Options