Got the connection but no internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-02-13 23:03:03
Region : Netherlands

Model : TL-WA850RE

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

When i connect the wireless adapter with my router he gets the connection and I finally can have wifi on my loft, but I cant go on the internet and whatsapp or on facebook or anything else, what is the problem?
Options
4 Reply
Re:Got the connection but no internet
2014-03-13 11:26:27
Try to set 850RE as static IP, it may help.
Options
2014-03-25 19:57:53
By setting the 850RE to a static IP, do you use one in your DHCP pool or outside your pool? I read another post where the post said to set it within the subnet of your ISP and outside of your DHCP pool.

Thanks!

Eric
Options
2020-07-16 05:35:56
Options
2020-07-20 03:33:01

@Macek 

Hello,

Please refer to this FAQ to do some troubleshooting first:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2234/

Note: When checking the router's wifi password, please also confirm that the authentication type and encryption type is Auto on the main router.

If still no Internet, please help us confirm some information:

1. What are the Led Staus on RE after setup? Please let us know the troubleshooting steps you have tried in details, thank you!

2. The model number of the main router? Do you try to extend 2.4G or 5G wifi from the router? 

3. After configuration, please log in to RE's web page and send us a photo of the Status page, wait for 3-5 mins, save the system log and send us the log file.(System tools-> system log)

4.  The firmware version of RE: 
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/315/

How to find the hardware version: Find the hardware version at the bottom label of the product, which begins with Ver.xx.

4. May I know how long do you have this RE and when did the issue start? 

May it help and have a nice day!

Options