TD-W8980 wifi not routing through adsl on restart

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-02-16 01:21:13
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 0.6.0 0.6 v000e.0 Build 130305 Rel.74370n

ISP : BT

When my ADSL link drops (occasionally, due to line problems during bad weather, for instance), I sometimes find I have to reboot/restart the TP-Link TD-W8980 router.
Other times, the router may reboot due to power outages.

On numerous occasions, the router will come up, connect to ADSL, allow my PC/phones to connect to WiFi, but it does not actually route the wifi traffic to the internet.

The status screen states that all connections are up and running correctly, but this isn't actually the case.

If I then go through the 'Quick Setup' options, not changing any parameters at all, I get a warning about a connection being replaced and when accepting that, the setup gets applied successfully and internet access is restored to the wifi network channels.

Is there some sort of setting I can add or change so that I do not need to go through the setup options following a reboot, so that the router will continue to work normally after a planned or unplanned restart?
Options
1 Reply
Re:TD-W8980 wifi not routing through adsl on restart
2014-02-28 01:25:32
"On numerous occasions, the router will come up, connect to ADSL, allow my PC/phones to connect to WiFi, but it does not actually route the wifi traffic to the internet."

If you connect via a cable, can you go to the Internet?
If only wifi can't work normally while wired can, that will be so weird...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 432

Replies: 1