TD-8817 Firmware Version 8

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-02-22 01:52:41
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-8817

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : Firmware Version : 7.0.0 Build 120509 Rel.32092

ISP :

I must say that after several years of trouble-free and happy experience with TP-Link products (I have a TD-8817 and a TL-WDR4300), I'm disappointed with the support experience so far. I phoned the UK support number, but was abruptly cut off while waiting in the queue (before I had a chance to speak to anyone), and then when I tried to search this forum, nothing was returned for my search terms, "8817 firmware", even though I am certain that some posts exist containing them. Also, no message was displayed to explain that no terms were found - it just returned to the search page. I suspect other errors too, because when I click on "My Profile" at the top of this page, it tells me that I do not have sufficient permissions (MY OWN profile!). Anyway, I hope it will improve from here.

I have noticed that new firmware (version 8) has been released for my device. See http://uk.tp-link.com/support/download/?model=TD-8817

I downloaded the archive, TD-8817_V8_130627.zip, and read the documentation that it contains (in PDF). Quite rightly, it strongly warns about not attempting to install the wrong firmware, as it could damage the device. However, it also mentions 3 different products (TL-WN321G, TL-MR3420 and TD-W890N) and 3 different versions (V4, V1.1 and V1) - there is nothing about the TD-8817. It's very confusing!

Would someone kindly clarify?

Thank you in advance
Options
3 Reply
Re:TD-8817 Firmware Version 8
2014-02-25 00:35:31
Hi

Follow the URL you attach I find this firmware: http://uk.tp-link.com/support/download/?model=TD-8817&version=V7
It's for TD-8817_V7, I think that's suitable for your device :)

PS: We should download the firmware matched with our hardware version, or it will fail or cause some uncertain damage to our router.
Options
2014-02-28 19:33:19
I made two posts to this forum. It's frustrating that after a whole week, only one of them has been published by the moderators. I'm really losing confidence in this company!

James, the file in the link you have provided has the same problem with its PDF instructions. There are lots of models mentioned, but none related to my modem. There are version numbers highlighted with red boxes, but no explanation of what they mean. For instance, "1.1" is highlighted, but there is nothing about it mentioned anywhere else.

It's very confusing.
Options
2014-02-28 19:40:25
Furthermore, customers are given no idea why the firmware updates are useful. It's very poor that the changelogs are not provided.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 801

Replies: 3

Related Articles