WDS between TPLINK WD8961ND and iBall Baton WRX-150N

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-02-26 16:04:24
Region : India

Model : TD-W8961ND

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : 3.0.0 Build 120524 Rel.05221

ISP : airtel

I am trying to extend the WIFI range using WDS.

My base router is TPLINK TD-W8961ND and is connected to Airtel Broadband and has been working fine as a ADSL router. All devices at home are able to access Internet through wifi.

I have an iBall Baton WRX-150N Wireless Router that support WDS which I am using as the 2nd router. Even after setting everything as per your FAQ and many other suggestions on the internet, I am not able to connect them. The configuration details are given below

TPLink Base Router Config

IP Address : 192.168.1.2, DHCP enabled Pool Starting 192.168.1.100
WDS enabled and MAC address of Router-2 (IBall) keyed in

iBall 2nd Router Config
IP Address : 192.168.1.1, dhcp disabled. in wds config, ssid, mac address and password for TPlink router is given.

both the SSID are the same, both are set in the same channel, and both are configured with WPA2

After above config, I am still not able to ping the TPlink from my iBall.

Please suggest is there anything else in the setting or does any of the routers need any different firmware.
Options
3 Reply
Re:WDS between TPLINK WD8961ND and iBall Baton WRX-150N
2014-02-27 23:52:39
There is no need to configure anything on TP-LINK router(main router)

You just need to make some changes on your iBall router.
1. Change the LAN IP of this router to be different from your main router. You have set main router: 1.1, iBall router: 1.2. That would be ok.
2. Disable the DHCP on your iBall router. You have done that.
3. You need just enable WDS function on iBall router, and set MAC of TP-LINK router and other information needed on iBall router.
4. Reboot your iBall router. Normally, it will work :)

PS: Wireless channel, security type should be the same. As for SSID, and password, I don't if it should be set the same as main router.
Because there is some differences between different routers' WDS .

Have a try~
Options
A late reply - WDS mode
2015-01-28 18:31:52
Thanks for your assistance. I tried this but without success. Aborted this exercise few months back and trying it again now. Since everything seems so simple, could not figure out what the issue is. Is it to do with any firmware version and incompatibility between TP Link and iBall Baton routers. I am not able to find out what chipset iBall Baton uses, so that I can flash a dd-wrt firmware.

Ichigo wrote

There is no need to configure anything on TP-LINK router(main router)

You just need to make some changes on your iBall router.
1. Change the LAN IP of this router to be different from your main router. You have set main router: 1.1, iBall router: 1.2. That would be ok.
2. Disable the DHCP on your iBall router. You have done that.
3. You need just enable WDS function on iBall router, and set MAC of TP-LINK router and other information needed on iBall router.
4. Reboot your iBall router. Normally, it will work :)

PS: Wireless channel, security type should be the same. As for SSID, and password, I don't if it should be set the same as main router.
Because there is some differences between different routers' WDS .

Have a try~
Options
Re:WDS between TPLINK WD8961ND and iBall Baton WRX-150N
2015-01-30 19:02:39
I am not able to find my SSID in WIFI Networks on any of my laptops so not able to connect to internet. But I am able to connect to it from my mobile phones and tablet and also browse the net. I have been using this modem for the past 1 year and has been working fine. For the past one month I am noticing this issue.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1472

Replies: 3