Setting up TD-8816 in Linux with BSNL landline Broadband at Mysore, Karnataka

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-03-07 14:45:52
Region : India

Model : TD-8816

Hardware Version : V8

Firmware Version : Not clear

ISP : BSNL at Mysore, Karnataka

I am using a datacard with sim to access the internet.

Recently, we shifted to Mysore, Karnataka, India, and applied for and received a BSNL broadband connection via landline.

While in Kolkata, West Bengal, India, we were able to use the ADSL router without glitch, without using any additional settings or installations.

In Mysore, the BSNL settings personnel arrived at our quarters and used identical settings given in your user guide for this brand&model to set up the router using the internal address 192.168.1.1 and access internet using his laptop.

In my laptop, which has only Linux (one, Debian, and the other, Knoppix) I have typed 192.168.1.1 in the web-browser address bar but have not been able to access the internal controls of the router. I have also not been able to access the internet via the application pppoeconf . I have two laptops, and tried both of them, pinging 192.168.1.1 but the output is:

root@Squeeze:/home/user# ping 192.168.1.1
PING 192.168.1.1 (192.168.1.1) 56(84) bytes of data.
From 125.22.78.54 icmp_seq=3 Destination Net Unreachable

Please guide me to set up the device.
Regards
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 411

Replies: 0