TP-Link Nano N Router: Using in University

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-04-02 22:55:56
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi there everyone, really hoping someone could help clear things up for me.

I purchased the TP-Link Nano N Router to basically allow me to use my wireless devices (tablet, laptop etc) for when I am going to be visiting a university in China next week, according to my lecturers they only have wired ethernet ports there meaning that devices such as my tablet won't work as they need a wireless connection.

The Nano N Router works fine when plugged into the back of my existing Sky Router but when I took the device to my UK university it created a wireless signal but my tablet would not connect to it. I powered the device through the plug and plugged it into an ethernet port thus creating a wireless signal, clicked it from my tablet but it just kept saying it was trying to connect and never did so.

I imagine that this is because to use the internet at my university you have to log-in with your university details? I'm just slightly worried that this will be the case when I go to China which would essentially render this product useless.

I'm not sure if I read it right online that another option was to link my laptop to the ethernet port and then plug in the Nano N Router into my laptop to thus create a wireless signal for other devices to join. If anyone knows how to do this I would be really greatful as I don't have a clue where to start!!

Thanks in advance!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 507

Replies: 0

Related Articles