not able to set up 8968 wifi router to use it wirelessly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-04-07 18:13:58
Region : India

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 2

ISP : gtpl and you broadband

Dear team,

I recently got shifted from ADSL ISP to DSL ISP, for this purpose i bought a tp link 8968 router/modem after being told that it supports both platform, so that in future i can again switch back to the DSL ISP if i want.

NOW The issue :
ISP provided me cat5 cable , which is directly connected to the pc. Its PPPOE connection with a username and passoword.The inetrnet is working fine.They dont provide a wifi router nor do they help in any kind of settings.

BUT when i connected the cat5 cable to lan4/wan port and try to configure the router, it doesnt seem's to work .

i followed the quick setup tab>>> wireless modem router>>> pppoe with username and password>> wep security key >>> everything got established >>> rebooted the router>>> but still after that the connection status remains connecting only>

kindly help
Options
1 Reply
Re:not able to set up 8968 wifi router to use it wirelessly
2014-04-12 01:28:29
Try updating firmware of ur router. You can download it from <<>>. This is the latest one dated 12/24/2013.
Caution: Read indications before flashing firmware..
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 271

Replies: 1

Related Articles