TD-W8968 - Auto Failover daul WAN configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-04-09 22:45:06
Region : India

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 0.6.0 1.4 v0019.0 Build 130812 Rel.55657n

ISP : Tata and BSNL

I recently bought TD-W8968 ADSL2+ WiFi Router with USB. I have configured this device for my Tata Indicom ADSL2+ Broadband connection and also Tata Photon+ 3G Dongle as Backup connection. The above configuration is working fine. I tested by disconnecting the ADSL wire from the Router and the 3G Dongle almost immediately took over.

My Question is:
Can I configure a Auto Fail over configuration with 2 ADSL2+ connections from Tata Indicom and BSNL. Basically Tata Indicom connection will use the built-in ADSL modem (will be the Primary connection) and BSNL connection will go through another ADSL modem and then connect to the WAN port of the TD-W8968 router (will be used as a backup connection).
I have checked whether there is any option to do it in the router. However, there is a manual "operation mode" by which one can choose whether one wants to use the devise as "ADSL Modem Router Mode" OR "3G Router Mode" OR "Wireless Router Mode".
Options
1 Reply
Question regarding your connection
2014-11-01 15:16:34
Hello

Some one should be answering your question, But since you have similar setup that i have, I have one question does your ADSL2+ connection from Tata Docomo
works fine with W8968 V2 as you mentioned, After restarting router dont you face any issues ?

I have W8968 V3 It does not get DSL line solid, It just keeps blinking after restart, Everytime I reset I get internet connection for once but as soon as I restart I never get
Internet connectivity

Can you also please also share all settings that you have done

Mine settings are
VPI=0
VCI=33
DHCP Server Enabled
Username password as given by ISP like username is xxx@ttml

Have yo u done any other settings to make it work ?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 804

Replies: 1