Question about the Wi-Fi led on TD-W8970

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-04-25 04:37:46
Region : Turkey

Model : TD-W8970

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I've bought this TD-W8970 Wireless ADSL2+ modem / router yesterday, this is my first TP-Link product. I've configured it properly (LAN / WAN & Wi-Fi) and secured the Wi-Fi with a WPA2 (Personal) AES key. So far everything works correctly, every device wirelessly connected to it (laptop, phones, tablets) also connects to the internet without any problem.

However the Wi-Fi led on the front of the modem starts blinking from the moment I turn it on and keeps blinking (at the same frequency) and never stops, even when no device is connected to the modem wirelessly (which I have verified multiple times both physically and through the web interface).

So I've been wondering... is that the way this modem works? I used a Linksys modem / router for years and the Wi-Fi led would only blink during an activity (ie: data being transferred to a device), otherwise it would remain static.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Question about the Wi-Fi led on TD-W8970
2014-06-17 03:59:55
Hi. I got my W8970 a few days ago.

Looking at the quick start guide it does seem to indicate that this LED flashes all the time the Wi-Fi is switched on, whatever it is doing. My unit does exactly the same. I agree this is a little odd, and distracting. As you say, blinking during activity would be more useful.

Do TP-Link not bother to respond to any posters here? Are we left to answer each others questions. oh well.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 373

Replies: 1

Related Articles