TD-W8970 Wireless Bridge - DHCP Question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-05-09 03:28:50
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8970

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 0.6.0 2.8 v000c.0 Build 130828 Rel.38099n

ISP : Sky

Hi all,

I have just purchased and successfully set up the TD-W8970 which is now wirelessly bridged to my Sky Home router - my first of two questions is, how can I force any wired and wireless connections to use the DHCP scope setup on the bridged router as opposed to the Sky router?

Currently I have .10 to .100 configured on the Sky and .150 - 250 on the TP-Link. Sometimes wired LAN connections on the TP-Link pick up an address from the Sky router and sometimes not. Over Wireless it always gets an address from the Sky router even though I'm connecting using the new SSID on the TP-Link.

My second question is: As above DHCP works no problem and gets an address from either router, but when I configure a client with a static it no longer works. I use the same configuration, the output of ipconfig /all is identical to the DHCP configuration but it won't connect to the internet. Any thoughts on why this might be?

Many thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 419

Replies: 0

Related Articles