Poor bandwidth when away from router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-05-10 20:42:31
Region : Brazil

Model : TL-WR741ND

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version : 3.16.6 Build 130603 Rel.58577n

ISP : PredialNet

The router was installed yesterday by the ISP and I am having this strange issue.

The modem is installed in the office and when I am at the living room a few meters(I can say 6 to 8) away from the router, although the signal is not bad I get very bad bandwidth when I download something. Same does not happen when I am at the office right beside of the router.

What I've noticed is that when I am downloading something at the living room the latency goes ridiculously high. I've set up a ping -t to the router IP address and when not transferring anything the latency is around 10 to 20ms, but when I'm downloading something or even loadin a website the latency goes to 1000 to 3000ms and I even lose some packages to the router IP.

Tried everything I could from the router wireless config (change channel, security, etc) but nothing helped. Not sure if this is a router problem or any interference from a neighbor. Please help!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 450

Replies: 0

Related Articles