TD-W8980 Xbox 360 cannot see media server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-05-13 18:33:08
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8980

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I've connected my USB device to the router and enabled the media server, but the media server doesn't show up in the System Video Player on the Xbox 360. I've tried a UPnP client on my Android Phone which detects the server fine, and I've also tried running a UPnP server from my Ubuntu laptop which the Xbox 360 detects and plays from fine. The issue just appears to be between the router and the Xbox 360, and exists using both wired or wireless connections.

Can anyone offer any advice? Am I missing something else I need to do to make this work?

Many thanks

Paul
Options
1 Reply
Re:TD-W8980 Xbox 360 cannot see media server
2014-05-16 21:59:03
Reply from TP-LINK support...

Dear Paul,
Many thanks for your valuable reply. But I am sorry I did not get the screenshot you send.

Unfortunately our media server module is not DLNA certified thus it is not compatible with xbox.
Thank you for understanding!

> The media server should appear in the Source List of the System Video
> Player as shown in the screenshot.
>
> Other media servers appear on my Xbox when I have tested at work, but my
> TP-LINK at home does not appear.

So beware before purchasing this item, it is not DLNA certified and does not work with Xbox 360 (despite TP-LIINK's documentation implying otherwise by including Xbox/PS screenshots)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 493

Replies: 1