How many current connected wireless clients can be allowed or denied in Wireless MAC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How many current connected wireless clients can be allowed or denied in Wireless MAC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-05-21 20:13:25
Region : Argentina

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version :

ISP :
YemenNet

Hi,

I have this kind of modume rotuer :
TP-LINK 300 MbPS Wirless N ADSL2 + Modem Router
Firmware Version: 2.0.0 Build 120608 Rel.34612
ADSL Firmware Version: FwVer:3.12.8.31_TC3086 HwVer:T14.F7_7.0Modulation: ADSL2 PLUS
Annex Mode: ANNEX_A
I log in to its server's settings by typing '192.168.1.1'. Then, I am asked to enter username (admin) and the password is the same 'admin'
My questions are as follows:
First: If I need to allow or deny quite a lot of current connected wireless clients number, how could I be doing that as long as there are only eight MAC addresses field to be used to allow or deny Wireless LAN station(s) association?
Thus, how can I be denying more than eight stations at the same time?

Also, if you have a look at that screen shot , you will be seeing that all of wireless clients stations to be added in those fields can be either denied or allowed. However, I cannot let some of them are allowed or denied by choosing action since changing the action of one station from 'deny association' into allow association lets this action be applied for all the station added.
Thus, I see that 'allow association' is useless to be listed under action for two reasons:
First: any stations not added in the list are normally allowed.
second: we cannot let some of the stations added in the list are allowed and the other remains are denied. In other words, changing one of stations added from denied into allowed will reflex on all others, which means no benefit from existing both the two actions 'denied and allowed associations. It is enough to only denied association to be existed.
Options
2 Reply
Re:How many current connected wireless clients can be allowed or denied in Wireless MAC
2014-05-23 05:54:19
Hi, why was Argentina written in Region? I didn't do that, I am from Yemen.
Options
Re:How many current connected wireless clients can be allowed or denied in Wireless MAC
2014-05-27 19:11:21
I think there are neither members nor moderators available here since my post was posted about five days ago, however, no one replied it so far.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 682

Replies: 2