Problems using Canon LBP 2900B Printer with TD-W8968's Print server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-05-24 18:48:52
Region : India

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 0.6.0 1.8 v0019.0 Build 131224 Rel.53716n

ISP : MTNL

Hi,

I have a small network of 3 computers, all running Windows XP SP3 with all latest updates installed, and all directly connected to the TP-LINK TD-W8968 ADSL Router.

I also have a Canon LBP 2900B Laser printer, which is supposed to be compatible with this router's print server, which I want to use with this router.

I have connected the printer to the USB Port on the Router and I have updated the firmware of the router, installed the latest version of the USB print controller utility from TP-Link and I have opted for the printer to "Auto Connect" on all 3 computers.

Now, the problem I am acing is that my printer always shows "paused" on all 3 computers. If I try to "resume" it, it goes back into "paused" mode almost immediately. It is happening on all 3 computers.

I tried writing to TP-Link E-mail support but have received no acknowledgement or reply to my question.

I would very much appreciate some help and a resolution to this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Manish
Options
1 Reply
Re:Problems using Canon LBP 2900B Printer with TD-W8968's Print server
2014-05-28 18:30:53
Hi again,

Can anyone help me with TP-Link's contact numbers in India? There is no response to a direct mail to the support department. There is no response on the Indian hotline number. There is no response on the International hotline number and now there is no response in this forum also!

What's going on?

Thanks,

Manish
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 775

Replies: 1