Firewall rules

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Firewall rules

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Firewall rules
Firewall rules
2014-05-29 16:10:42
Region : Italy

Model : TD-W8970

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all.
Got a working device, behind DSL router. All works fine: internet surfing and IPSec traffic
Firewall has DENY default rule, and OUT (lanhost -> wanhost), allow for OpenDnsShield, web, ftp and some other protocols
Now: when I got to manage wan to lan, vpn to lan and lan to lan2, the IN direction does not help me.
How does device really work? How to set the rules?
Thanks in advance
Options
4 Reply
Re:Firewall rules
2014-06-01 14:02:13
Hi all.
Three days and no answers?
How to control LAN2 to LAN1 traffic and LAN1 to LAN2 traffic?
How to control VPN to LANX traffic?
IN WANHOST or LAN HOST i can leave empty address fields to include all IPv4 addresses?

Tnx in advance.

n.c. wrote

Region : Italy

Model : TD-W8970

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all.
Got a working device, behind DSL router. All works fine: internet surfing and IPSec traffic
Firewall has DENY default rule, and OUT (lanhost -> wanhost), allow for OpenDnsShield, web, ftp and some other protocols
Now: when I got to manage wan to lan, vpn to lan and lan to lan2, the IN direction does not help me.
How does device really work? How to set the rules?
Thanks in advance
Options
2014-06-04 02:46:41
5 days.
Options
2014-06-04 10:30:02
Firewall can only control wan to lan or lan to wan, you can't realize lan to lan or lan to vpn in this function.
If you leave wan host empty, it does mean all ips.
Options
2014-06-04 14:00:15

lee99 wrote

Firewall can only control wan to lan or lan to wan, you can't realize lan to lan or lan to vpn in this function.
If you leave wan host empty, it does mean all ips.

Thnx for answers.
Firewall stops IPSec traffic. I can connect via RDP or not if it's DOWN or UP.
I can't believe that i got two networks, lan side, but i can't manage them (what's the meaning of this??).

Ok for blank fields.

I argue i bought a wrong device.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 645

Replies: 4

Related Articles