Need help for stable internet and wireless range issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-06-15 13:15:22
Region : Others

Model : TD-W8951ND

Hardware Version : V5

Firmware Version : 5.0.0 Build 140306 Rel.28708

ISP : PTCL

Sometimes my snr drops to zero then suddenly comes back again and there are crc errors in upstream column statistics don't show any errors ever occurring due to crc problem but i have checked all lines, confirmed with isp that line is okay and also these crc errors don't go away unless i restart the modem/router and i have check bit swapping and sra just to remove such problems but this is not working properly. What could be the problem?

Secondly i used 10dbi antenna to replace original antenna of 5dbi but range remains same :( for wireless why 5 more dbi is not affecting the increase in range as it should could there be any settings i can use to improve range as i have transmit power to high already. Can i change it in firmware or telnet to give more power to antenna ,i can find router's 3rd party firmware for this but i have adsl modem/router then how i am suppose to give more power to my antenna for larger range when antenna's are failing to do so?

Please help!
Options
2 Reply
Re:Need help for stable internet and wireless range issue
2014-06-15 17:01:32

Please check ADSL line.

[quote]for wireless why 5 more dbi is not affecting the increase in range as it

Antenna is more directional than omnidirectional and also quality of this antenna is very important.

Options
Re:Need help for stable internet and wireless range issue
2014-06-18 14:32:56
5dbi antenna provided with w8951nd is omnidirectional I replaced it with omnidirectional antenna of 10dbi and also 13dbi nothing changed range remained same. Or they are just labelling it as Omni directional and only 2dbi are true omnidirectional one's? How to confirm it to be good antenna as I have only 1 modem/router wireless and one without wireless. Should I go next with wireless router's only which can be used with 3rd party firmware's for increasing the power to antenna?

My ISP people saying that my line copper is 700+ m away from DSLAM which have fibre optic connection could that be the problem for my crc upload error cause I have single line with no joints from house to street pole box which then goes back to DSLAM? Or there could be problem somewhere else to check first like splitter router/modem is okay because wired shows same errors.

One more thing shouldn't crc errors be corrected when line becomes normal again without restarting modem/router.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 625

Replies: 2