TD-W8970 not receiving ADSL signal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-06-21 13:21:48
Region : Australia

Model : TD-W8970

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : TPG

Hi, I have had a TD-W8970 modem/router for a few months now and it has been working fine.

Last night I moved the router slightly so it would have better reception in a particular part of the house. I accidentally unplugged the power and didn't realise it was off for around 10 minutes.

When I put the power back on the wi-fi worked fine but I noticed I wasn't connected to the internet.

I contacted my ISP today and they said the signal is fine. This was confirmed when I connected my old modem/router and it is receiving the ADSL signal just fine.

I've tried my TP-Link on several outlets around the house and have reset it to factory settings. It still won't transmit the internet. As I said, it still creates a wireless network that I can connect to with no problems.

All I can think of is that I have bumped something when moving it around, or that the power being off has done something to it. Weird though that it still functions fine in every way except picking up the internet signal.

Thanks in advance for any assistance with this issue.

(Edit: for some reason the forum did not save my country, or ISP correctly. I have now edited the post so they are correct.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 223

Replies: 0

Related Articles