TD-W8970 V1.2 ADSL Bad Performance.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-12-14 04:22:54 - last edited 2020-08-30 08:22:58
Model : TD-8970

Hardware Version : TD-W8970 v1 00000000

Firmware Version : 0.6.0 2.12 v000c.0 Build 140613 Rel.31066n

ISP : MEO Portugal

Hello guys...I purchased this Modem Router thinking was better for my connection...

But something is wrong.... Because it's impossible one Modem/router from the ISP have better Line Signal and Max Rate a lot diferent from this one TP-Link..

For example this is the TP Link:
Why i have so low data? 7860 Max Rate over Download????? If i connect the ISP Modem i can Get 11000Kbps! And the SNR Margin 8.8??? Again, the ISP Modem have like 13 Signal.....

Upload, 952 ??? Once again, the ISP can get me 1023....

With this numbers, SNR margin so low of course the connection will go down.... I cannot understan whats going on.. The only thing i know is i paid more for this one to have worst results lol...

Any tip, fix are welcome :( My Connection is from Meo Portugal ( Annex A - ADSL 2+ ).

Sorry about the English hope someone understand, im Portuguese.

Thanks in Advance.
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TD-W8970 V1.2 ADSL Bad Performance.-Solution
2015-12-28 17:38:40 - last edited 2020-08-30 08:22:58
Hi,
I think maybe this modem chipset is not so compatible with your ADSL line.
You can try to choose G.dmt or ADSL2+ in DSL settings.
Check if the connection could be more stable.
If it didn't solve the problem,I think you can contact the support.
http://www.tp-link.pt/support-contact.html
Recommended Solution
Options
10 Reply
Re:TD-W8970 V1.2 ADSL Bad Performance.
2015-12-15 02:09:33
Poor line causes that modem inside your TP-linka reduces the speed of the internet to gain a more stable link (lack CRC). Maybe your old device has better ADSL modem. In my experience I know that better chip for poor line is Broadcom (W8950, W8960 or W8970v3). I think that you understand my explanation, sorry my english isn't perfect.
Options
2015-12-15 03:17:12
For example.. I plugged jusr few minutes ago again my Old Device ( ADB A4001 )... This device is like 20 dollars lol... And i can get better Speed's, and the ADSL Line can be more stable...

This next picture i take few minutes ago, so here in Portugal is Rain and is night, very bad weather... That's one reason, to be the low signal, but still compared to the TP-Link this Low Modem/router is really better...

Look:

The Max Rate is only 9.500Kbps... But still this is the minimum with this router, means never Drop that value... During the Day i can Get the Max of 11.000Kbp's....

With the TP-Link, somedays drop to 6.000kbps, below that is synchronized by the central ... But when i connect the ADB Modem/Router everything is fine... It means the line has no problem ...

TP-Link Screen taken at the same time as the ISP Modem / Router...

... As you can see, the 20 Bucks Modem Wins lol...

Maybe the Devs work on a Fix for the TP-Link? I dont know i do not understand about Modems... I know and i see, the Modem from the TP-Link W8970 is very Unstable... That's for sure...

@
jimasek

Thanks for the Answer :)
Options
2015-12-19 21:48:20
Yeah no way... This Modem keeps droping my connection, losing the sync from the ADSL.... Because cannot handle the correct values from the line... Since the values are close the connection is going always down...

I have already tested anothers Modems and everything works well... This TP.Link needs a fix...

So please fix this.... I'm just about to surrender and give this to the RMA or something like that... Because is not working properly.. I have this for about one 1mouth already, and the only thing i can say is good only for Wireless...

Anothers modems works just great... This one bahhh...

My ADLS is ADS2+ Annex A.. Everything is set manual... But i have tested anothers Encapsulations, i mean everything.. Auto, Adsl 2, gmt... And is everything the same... This TP-Link cannot get the proper values over the Max Rate from Download and Upload, and the SNR margin... Yestarday i catch the TP-Link Showing the SNR Margin from the Download -10 !!! Yes -10.... So something is wrong....

And i can make you sure my ADSL line is Ok, because if i connet any other modem everything works just fine... I can take more Screens from anothers devices if you want, diferent's chip sets and still work as well good...

Thank you for the attention.
Options
2015-12-24 08:14:40
Ok... This is the Support Forum from TP-Link? No One Reply?

I did find by my self one solution for my case, so the fix is placing the TD-W8970 in the Box again, just to not send it to the trash....

Even Playing On-Line games, this TP-Link makes Crash's, the Internet is always dropping down..

Placed the Original Modem from the ISP in the place, everything works good... No Crash's under On-Line games, Internet never cut down, The Max Range from the Download and Upload is always High, SNR Margin the same... So...

Remember me please, TP-Link never again.

Thank you.
Options
Re:TD-W8970 V1.2 ADSL Bad Performance.-Solution
2015-12-28 17:38:40 - last edited 2020-08-30 08:22:58
Hi,
Recommended Solution
Options
2015-12-30 20:33:53

kunkka wrote

Hi,

When i purchased the modem, i did not find anything about ADSL Lines compatibilities in the Box... The Only thing i needed to pay attention is if was for ANNEX A...

Your Answer my friend is what the Support told me.. Of course i have tested everything.. But since my ADSL Line is ADSL 2+ or Plus, the correct is ADSL2+..

This TP-Link, no matter what cannot get the proper signal from the line, since he detects the Max Donwload rate and the SNR Margin very close to each other, that causes crashs and internet drops...

With the Modem/router from the ISP, the " ADBB-PDGA4000N" i can get at least in the Download 2.5 Mb's diference from the Max Rate and the Current Sync of the Line.. That means, good space for no Drops...

And with the TP-Link the SNR margin signal is always 10, something that is not even close to the real Signal... So something is wrong... 10, and tending to Drop to less... Something is wrong, impossible.. This modem needs few tweeks...

But thanks for your answer, the Support told me they will look into this, but honestly i believe not lol...For now my modem is at the box again.. Not using it...

Regards.
Options
2018-01-04 23:30:22
Ola bom dia, o seu problema é que ten muito ruido na linha telefonica. preste atencao aos margems do SNR, este valor debe manter-se o mais baixo posible. Obrigado.
Options
2020-08-16 20:43:56
Hi dear friend I have exactly your problem and thank you if you find a way to solve this problem. Thank you for telling me so I can fix my modem
Options
2020-08-16 20:44:35

@Xcat2008 Hi dear friend
I have exactly your problem and thank you if you find a way to solve this problem. Thank you for telling me so I can fix my modem

Options
2020-08-30 08:21:47

@Ardeshir 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Could you please provide more details about your current issue?

And may I know how long have you had the modem and when did this issue start

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2183

Replies: 10

Related Articles