TP-Link TD-W8980 VPN help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-06-23 04:03:10
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi

I bought a TP link TD-W8980 wireless adsl router a few weeks ago and although so far it has been good, I want to be able to configure it for VPN access. My situation is that during times when I am away from home, I want to be able to securely VPN into my own home network to access files. I already have Teamviewer but this is only for remote control. I have read suggestions about using NAS but given the security issues recently discovered on Synology I have no intention of using this. I also do not want to run somethine 24/7. I just want to be able to VPN into my network on an ad hoc basis using L2TP or better. PPTP is not secure.

I have read the tp link manual and also received a response from TP link's tech support however their response was not particularly helpful as it seemed to copy what was written in their manual.
My client devices are a windows vista laptop, android phone and tablet.

Can anyone help please?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 357

Replies: 0

Related Articles