Modem connected to internet but laptop doesn't recognize it after a while.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-07-13 02:30:53
Region : India

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : 1.0.5 Build 140321 Rel.42949

ISP : BSNL

I bought TD-W8968 three months ago and it worked fine until it gone out of service, I called tplink customer care and they replaced the device with v3 in no time. After configuring it an awkward problem began to eat my precious time :'(.

Everytime when I turn my device on it connects to internet very quickly but after a while my laptop, mobile stops every internet activity however in configuration page of the device it shows that internet is connected but my laptop, mobile and other devices doesn't connect to internet even after being connected to router. In order to use the internet again I need to restart the modem everytime but after 5 or 10 minutes same problem occurs again. Even internet doesn't work with lan connection the status in configuration page shows "UP". :confused::confused::confused:
Options
2 Reply
Re:Modem connected to internet but laptop doesn't recognize it after a while.
2014-08-15 18:42:09

darkmessiah wrote

Region : India

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : 1.0.5 Build 140321 Rel.42949

ISP : BSNL

I bought TD-W8968 three months ago and it worked fine until it gone out of service, I called tplink customer care and they replaced the device with v3 in no time. After configuring it an awkward problem began to eat my precious time :'(.

Everytime when I turn my device on it connects to internet very quickly but after a while my laptop, mobile stops every internet activity however in configuration page of the device it shows that internet is connected but my laptop, mobile and other devices doesn't connect to internet even after being connected to router. In order to use the internet again I need to restart the modem everytime but after 5 or 10 minutes same problem occurs again. Even internet doesn't work with lan connection the status in configuration page shows "UP". :confused::confused::confused:

Even I am facing exactly the same issue on MTNL Adsl
Options
Same problem but found the solution
2014-10-06 01:20:18

bestpro wrote

Even I am facing exactly the same issue on MTNL Adsl

I bought my router TD-W8968 v3 from Flipkart about 3 days ago.
I found out that for every 15 -20 minutes there is an error in internet connectivity.While troubleshooting the troubleshooter says The DNS server is not responding.I would Change the dns server flush dns etc but that didnt resolved the problem. For that i would have to restart the modem. After looking in the all the forums i have found out that this reason is wrong .. It is because of modem's continuous reboot problem / disconnections / torrent overflow.. the solution is on this page .. after following this every problem is resolved
please follow the steps in the link there may be some difference in the Interface shown in the pics ..do assume the needful.

http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?75164-Unstable-ADSL-connection&p=143841&viewfull=1#post143841
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 742

Replies: 2