Backup/Restopre options missing and bin vs text option would be nice

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-07-17 14:53:16
Region : Australia

Model : TD-W8980

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 0.6.0 1.7 v000e.0 Build 140619 Rel.51112n

ISP : Telstra

I've sent this as a question via the service item I have open so apologies if I'm duplicating effort but I thought it important to ask here as well.

I've upgraded my TD-W8980 to the latest firmware, 0.6.0 1.7 v000e.0 Build 140619 Rel.51112n, and reconfigured it from scratch (again).

After getting everything operational, I went to do a backup of the configuration but I can't see the backup options any longer under System Tools.

Also, for a future firmware release, once we get the backup/restore options again, can we have the option of saving the config as either .bin or as clear text? I lost my config papers and didn't want to restore the config from the previous version as I believe that's not recommended. I would have liked to be able to open the config backup and read it as text to see what config options I may have missed in the upgrade.

Anyway, thanks for any and all information and assistance.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 369

Replies: 0