SSID question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

SSID question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
SSID question
SSID question
2014-09-29 22:08:48
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have installed 2 powerline TP-Link TL-WPA281 units into an existing wifi network at home. I have given each of these wireless power line units a different SSID from my wifi modem and it seems to work. I thought this would allow me to know what piece of equipment I am connected to (which it does). However clearly as I move from room to room, any wifi equipment needs to change the SSID for the wifi and sometimes they don't change, they just struggle with a weaker signal from another room.
Would it be better (and possible) to use the same SSID as the main modem so all the wifi powerlines have the same SSID?
Many thanks for your help.
ALANC
Options
4 Reply
Re:SSID question
2014-09-30 11:25:00
Did you fix different channel for all wifi networks?
Options
2014-10-02 01:08:16
No I am using channel 6 on them all because no other neighbours are using this channel.
Options
2015-10-16 16:59:00
I have a router with SSID name. Can all powerline adapters have the same SSID and the same password? Should they use the same channel? Answers above don't give me enough information.

Thanks.
Saso
Options
2015-10-20 14:05:24
You can create the same SSID and password as the main router for all powerline adapters with Wi-Fi function.
We'd better use different channels.
Options