Port forwarding not working with a DVR

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-10-08 02:50:42
Region : Greece

Model : TD-W8970

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,

I’ve just replaced my old Thomson modem/router with TD-W8970 and I’m experiencing two problems.

1)I have a surveillance DVR attached to my modem/router and I'm trying to open a port (e.g. 801) in order to access it remotely. But no matter what I do the port remains closed.
2)The DHCP Clients List table shows NO connected clients, even though I have 3 clients (PC, Phone and the DVR) connected and working.

With my previous modem I had no issues. Sadly I find the port forwarding menu not that “straight forward” as it was expected and I feel like the user’s manual could have been a bit more explicit.

I would appreciate any help.
File:
8970.jpgDownload
Options
4 Reply
Re:Port forwarding not working with a DVR
2014-10-08 15:02:34
Firmware version?
You can access it with LAN IP: port locally? Can you telnet WAN IP port?
Options
2014-10-09 06:43:59
I'm posting this as it might help others.

I finally found a way to walk around the problems.
1) I changed the network settings on my AVtech DVR from static IP to DHCP. This resolved the problem of the devices not showing in modem's "Client List". (A problem which I didnt have with my previous modem/router). Lets hope that the IP wont be reassigned after e.g. a power failure.
2) Under tab "DHCP Address Reservation" I assigned static IP addresses (using the relevant MAC address) to the devices connected to the modem/router, i.e. PC & surveillance DVR.

General comment:
At this point I want to point out that it would be nice in a future firmware update, the Client's Name to be shown under "DHCP Address Reservation" tab not only it's MAC address. And probably a Client Name edit function for the clients titled as "unknown". That would make things easier.

@Ada

Yes, I could access the DVR locally.
Firmware Version:0.6.0 2.12 v000c.0 Build 140613 Rel.31066n
Thanks for the replay.
Options
2014-10-09 07:01:14
@Admin

Can you please move the thread to the correct section? I think I might have initially typed the wrong modem type. It appears under TD-W8968 section instead of TD-W8970.
Options
2014-10-09 10:38:21
Good point!!! :o
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 760

Replies: 4

Related Articles