TD-W8961N Killed PC to PC Gigabit LAN Transfers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-10-11 19:20:59
Region : Others

Model : TD-W8960N

Hardware Version : V5

Firmware Version : Build 140312 Rel.05012

ISP : TelBru Berhad

The modem router I have is TD-W8961N (not listed).

I purchased this modem router to replace separate Huawei modem and a Linksys Wireless Router that was malfunctioning. The old modem and router combo was a perfect setup for my networking needs and now with the TP-Link replacing them, it broke something quite major to me.

I have two computers both running Windows 7 connected to a TrendNet Gigabit switch for PC to PC file transfers, and this switch is then connected to the Linksys router for internet access. Both PCs use DUKTO file transfer app to move files back and forth in gigabit speeds All's well until TP-Link router came into the picture and everything stopped working.

My ISP's tech configured the router and I noticed it's in Bridge mode instead of the usual Dynamic or Static Mode. Wonder if this and a host of other possible settings have anything to do with transfers not initiating at all.

Hope someone can help or will I need to replace this with a Linksys router. This is my first ever TP-Link product and while internet access is fine, not being able to transfer files is a major deal breaker. I now have to resort to swapping flash drives several times a day to do what was just a matter of drag and drop.

Jan Shim
Options
1 Reply
Re:TD-W8961N Killed PC to PC Gigabit LAN Transfers
2014-10-13 11:51:34
Your previous router is gigabit? LAN ports on TD-W8961N are all 10/100Mbps ports.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 484

Replies: 1

Related Articles