Bridging several routers together to extend the wireless signal.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-10-25 09:15:24
Region : Others

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : 0.6.0 0.11 v0005.0 Build 120802 Rel.68426n

ISP : super YemenNet Subscribers Service

Hi,

I have 300Mbps Wireless N USB ADSL2+ Modem RouterModel No. TD-W8968

I was told:
"If you want to get strong signal for computers\mobiles which are far form the router, you can use bridge several routers together to extend the wireless signal around your office\building. I noticed that you're using TP-LINK, so hope the following guide can help you to connect routers together via bridge mode."

Thus, my questions are:

If I want to setup 'bridge several routers',
First: I will need physical devices, such as 'wired cables, and so on), or all what I need is just two TP-Link (routers), and then setup the routers via their IP addresses(192.168.1.1)?

Second: If I won't need any physical things, then how can I will connect two routers each other?

Third: I am now using TP-Link in my own room, however, all other relatives must come to my room in order to get excellent strength signals of the Wireless Router Radio. If I need to let them access a Wireless Router Radio with excellent strength signals while staying in their rooms, then I should put the other router in that room at which they stay.

Fourth: Each router will be plugged to main power supply, and connected to a phone line via ADSL cable?

Finally: No physical connecting between the two routers will be needed?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 522

Replies: 0

Related Articles