Can I use AP mode and ADSL bridge mode at same time?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-10-30 14:10:10
Region : Australia

Model : N/A

I'm considering a purchase of either a TD-W8980 or an Archer D7 or D9.
I'd like to know if it's possible to use the device with ADSL bridge mode (to my Linux server) *and* also to have the wireless running in access point mode, bridging wireless to the ethernet network, but not performing any NAT or the like?
Options
5 Reply
Re:Can I use AP mode and ADSL bridge mode at same time?
2014-10-31 11:28:35
Are you trying to use it as an access point or something else?
Without TD-W8980, how did you access internet?
Options
2014-10-31 12:07:54
Hi, I currently have a dedicated ADSL modem (TD-8817), which is in bridged mode to a Linux server, which performs a lot of tasks. I then have a dedicated wireless access point, but all the DHCP, NAT, etc is performed on the Linux server. (ie. The AP is just a dumb wireless-to-ethernet bridge)

I was wondering about upgrading the access point to a newer, faster one - and was wondering if I can reduce the stack of boxes from two to one. But I still need the ADSL bridged to my linux server.
Options
2014-11-03 13:52:38
Not quite sure if it will be working...You want to use a wireless modem router to replace the bridage modem and access point, right?
The modem router can be configured as an access point with DHCP off.
Options
2014-11-03 14:22:52
I know I can configure the ADSL modem/router as JUST an access point. Or as JUST a bridged modem... but can I get it to do both those things at once?
ie. Be an ADSL bridge to my server *and* be a wireless access point?

thanks for your patience.
Options
2014-11-03 16:33:17
There is no conflict between ADSL line and access point but the problem is that I cannot tell if your internet will be working as before.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 491

Replies: 5