Unable to connect to internet after restarting modem Router, DSL keeps blinking

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-11-01 15:27:15
Region : Argentina

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version :

ISP : Tata Docomo or Tata Teleservices Maharashtra Ltd

Hello

I have just purchased new ADSL2+ modem router TPLink W8968 and its version is V3.0, The problem is after reset for the first time I configure it gets connected to internet
but as soon as I restart the DSL Line just keeps on blinking and hence no internet connectivity, I have observed this behaviour for 3-4 times

I have another modem and that works perfectly fine so problem on ISP side too, Problem seems with the product itself, Has anyone used TPLink W8968 and its version is V3.0 with Tata Docomo or Tata Teleservices Maharashtra Ltd ISP, Any inputs or suggestions

I also tried MAC cloning somwhere I read ISP may have MAC registered but this too dint work and anyways as I said I get connection for the first time I set it up

I also contacted TPLink support in morning and he said replace the product but then the question is if this product really works ? especially V3.0
Options
7 Reply
Re:Unable to connect to internet after restarting modem Router, DSL keeps blinking
2014-11-03 14:08:01
It seems that line synchronization has a problem. Did you try to change DSL mode to ADSL2 or G.dmt? Of course, you can follow TP-LINK support's advice to replace it.
Options
Re:Unable to connect to internet after restarting modem Router, DSL keeps blinking
2014-11-03 20:41:56
Thanks for the reply Regarding "Did you try to change DSL mode to ADSL2 or G.dmt" These options are selectable checkboxes and all of them are checked currently by default
Options
2014-11-04 09:46:14
You can check only ADSL2 or G.dmt to test.
Options
Is it Fixed ?
2014-12-08 18:35:29
Hello,

I am having exactly the same problem, even after the replacement, the new Router also has same problem, where the ADSL LED does not glow .. however my OLD Modem (Zyxel) is working fine on same port.

Do let me know if you found any solution for this ?

Thanks
Options
2014-12-08 18:45:48
Were you able to get this fixed ?
Options
2014-12-09 11:09:48
Model number of your device? Hardware version? Firmware version?
Tried to change DSL mode?
Your line is VDSL, ADSL2+ or anything else? You'd better confirm with your ISP.
Options
2014-12-09 12:26:00

Ada wrote

Model number of your device? Hardware version? Firmware version?
Tried to change DSL mode?
Your line is VDSL, ADSL2+ or anything else? You'd better confirm with your ISP.

Model : W8968 V3

Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 140821 Rel.52209
Hardware Version: TD-W8968 V3 0x00000001
ISP : Tata (Tata Tele Services) (TTML)

My Line is ADSL 2+, this is configured on my old Modem (Zyxel) and its working ... I did try "G.dmt" , ADSL, ADSL 2+ , By Default all these are enabled, that also I tried, but no luck.

As per TP-Link Support, have replaced this Router once, but the new one also have same issue, not sure if its configuration issue Or something else.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1129

Replies: 7