TD-W8980 in ADSL brdige mode - Can I still use the Ethernet ports as Switch ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-11-04 19:12:54
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8980

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,
I have ADSL and my W8980 is normall connected with PPPOA , I'd like to add an Apple Airport Extreme, and would like this to take care of Routing, NAT etc..
Would I set the W8980 in Bridge mode then connect the WAN ports of each router together and sert my ADSL credential in PPPOe on the Airport ?

Am I still able to use the othe gigabit switch ports on the TP LINK router ?

How about Wireless on the TP Link, can it be used as an AP ..

Thanks in Advance
Options
3 Reply
Re:TD-W8980 in ADSL brdige mode - Can I still use the Ethernet ports as Switch ?
2014-11-05 10:04:02
Your connection type is PPPoA, right?
If so, when W8980 works in bridge mode, you have to select PPPoA instead of PPPoE as the connection type on Airport. Is it possible?
Options
Re:TD-W8980 in ADSL brdige mode - Can I still use the Ethernet ports as Switch ?
2014-11-05 20:08:16
My connection is PPPoA yes, I was going to put the TD-W8980 in bridge mode and let the airport take care of stuff over PPPoE, however does that mean I lose the switch functionality ?
Options
2014-11-06 11:01:36
PPPoE is different from PPPoA. How did you access internet using PPPoE?
Since your airport cannot handle PPPoA, you should not put TD-W8980 in bridge mode. Is it clear enough? Why not using your airport as an access point or something else?
Options