wireless problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

wireless problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
wireless problem
wireless problem
2014-11-07 12:12:55
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : :0.6.0 1.7 v0019.0 Build 131011 Rel.50940n

ISP : plusnet

Hi all, suddenly today I started having problems with my wireless network.(Wired works fine)
About evey 20 seconds or so I get logged out of the wi fi with anything connected wirelessly. My windows phone and my windows tablet. The phone I have had for over a year (Nokia Lumia 520) and it has always worked fine. My tablet is a Toshiba 7inch and is a couple of weeks old but has been working fine up until now.
I have logged in to the router and about every 20 secs or so the page flashes (disappears for a split second as if it is re setting or re logging in) and when this happens any wireless gadget is logged out and it has to auto log in again. Yet my wired connection seems unnafected. I have tried turning off the router for a couple of minutes and I've tried turning wireless off for a while.
Everything was normal until today.

Windows 8.1 on PC, phone and tablet
Any help gratefully accepted.
Thank you.

BTW-when the router flashes as if it is re setting, the "system up" time does not re set.
Options
2 Reply
Re:wireless problem
2014-11-07 16:45:42
Your firmware is a little bit old.
Download the latest firmware here and upgrade it.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/?model=TD-W8968&version=V2#tbl_j

After upgrade, reset it and reconfigure it. Try different channels like 1, 6 or 11 to ensure a stable connection.
Options
Re:wireless problem
2014-11-08 05:23:45

Ada wrote

Your firmware is a little bit old.
Download the latest firmware here and upgrade it.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/?model=TD-W8968&version=V2#tbl_j

After upgrade, reset it and reconfigure it. Try different channels like 1, 6 or 11 to ensure a stable connection.

Thanks for the reply, Upgraded the firmware but that didn't change anything.
Does the re setting screen suggest anything, time doesn'r reset to zero the screen just flashes off and back on.
Also. it went on all night until about 7:00am when it suddenly stopped. I came in at about 20:00 tonight and it's doing it again and I'm betting it will be all night again.
Anyway I will try another channel like you suggested (as soon as I figure out how)
Thanks again for the help, I'll keep you posted.

why does the random question tell me I'm incorrect when I am not. Until the kisscat question. Are they farming clicks.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 329

Replies: 2

Related Articles