Connection problem only on laptop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-11-10 03:50:58
Region : India

Model : TD-W8951ND

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : 5.0.0

ISP : MTNL

Hi,

I have weird problem, my wi-fi is visiblea on my laptop only for 2 or 3 sessions. After that its not listed in my list of available connections on laptop. I need to enter router settings and change my connection name, after doing this connection is visible for two or three times. Then suddenly it disappears, even during running session. I did not see this problem on my mobile handsets, I'm using two handsets on which I'm accessing wi-fi from same router.
Please help me resolving this issue, every other day I cannot connect LAN cable and use internet like hard wired connection. Changing name every time is also not a good option as its temporary and i have to update this on my other devices too.

Regards,
Nitin.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Connection problem only on laptop
2014-11-10 11:15:40
Hi Nitin, does it just happen on your laptop? Try to update driver for the bulit-in wireless card.
On web interface of W8951, did you try to upgrade the firmware or try different channels?
Options
2014-11-10 17:05:09
Hi Ada,
No i did not upgrade firmware, will try that on weekend. What do you mean by different channel? When i connect LAN port to laptop internet works.
Options
2014-11-11 11:38:50
I refer to wireless channel which can be modified to ensure a stable connection. On its web interface, you can go to Interface Setup---Wireless to change it to 1, 6 or 11.
Options