Problems setting up WPA4220 kit range extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-11-11 03:54:59
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA4220

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : talktalk

I have a TalkTalk Y2 HG533 router which connects fine to my PC within the same room. Connecting to other units such as an ipad is not satisfactory in rooms at the back of the house so I decided to buy a WPA4220 kit.

I thought that all I had to do was to connect the adapter by ethernet cable to the router and then place the extender in a suitable socket in a room where the signal was weak.
I've gone through the cloning procedure described and also tried pairing but I still can't get them to connect. Any thoughts?

1 possible issue is that I have a pair of powerlinks (talktlak D Link) that are used to connect the router to a Freeview box in the adjacent room. Is this likely to cause a problem?
Options
3 Reply
Re:Problems setting up WPA4220 kit range extender
2014-11-11 15:18:30
Your TP-LINK kit is in a different powerline network as powerlinks, right?
How about status of all lights on TL-PA4010 and TL-WPA4220? Did you pair them and make them communicate with each other?
Options
2014-11-11 18:42:06
The lights were blinking as follows -

adapter ;
power -solid
powerline solid
ethrnet - blinking

extender
power- solid
powerline -blinking
ethernet - off

which looks as it as it should be

However - when the links are connected the PC will not connect to the internet.
if I disconnect the adapter from the router and restart the router internet connection returns.
I presume that I have generated a conflict somehow.

A related question.
I already use a pair of adapters (D-link Talkttalk not TP link) that are used to connect to a freeview box in the next room. The freeview box is connected to the 2nd adapter via a cable.
I was trying to set up the TP link pair by plugging the adapter via an ethernet cable to another LAN port in the router and then situate the extender in a different room.
Are the 2 sets of adapters likely to interfere? Do I actually need the TP link adapter or will the TP link extender receive from the D-Link adapter?
Options
2014-11-12 16:24:53
There are four lights on extender. How about Wi-Fi light? Can you try to connect to extender by cable to see if it works? If it is the same, try to reset them and rename them using utilty.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=258
I'm not sure if TP-LINK can join in your exsiting D-LINK kit but your current connection should not case any interference between TP-LINK and D_LINK.
They work seperately in two different private powerline networks.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 480

Replies: 3

Related Articles