Powerline kit with a wifi range extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-12 18:48:37 - last edited 2020-09-23 08:58:00
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I have the TL-WPA4220Kit Powerline WiFi Kit. It works very well on the powerlines. However, my houses electrical circut is split into 2 so the powerline externder only works on a certain part of the house. Is there anyway that I can add a wifi externder/booster (not connecting to powerlines) to my current setup so that I can boost the signal into a dead zone. What Wifi Extender/booster can I pair with my WPA4220kit?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Powerline kit with a wifi range extender-Solution
2020-09-23 08:57:54 - last edited 2020-09-23 08:58:00

@Katsclaw1 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

It is ok to use range extender to extender the wireless signal of the powerline extenders;

And it would be much better to keep the separate SSID for the range extenders and powerline extenders;

Since the TL-WPA4220kit are 2.4ghz only, you could choose one from the following link:

https://www.tp-link.com/home-networking/range-extender/?filterby=4927  

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Powerline kit with a wifi range extender-Solution
2020-09-23 08:57:54 - last edited 2020-09-23 08:58:00

@Katsclaw1 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

It is ok to use range extender to extender the wireless signal of the powerline extenders;

And it would be much better to keep the separate SSID for the range extenders and powerline extenders;

Since the TL-WPA4220kit are 2.4ghz only, you could choose one from the following link:

https://www.tp-link.com/home-networking/range-extender/?filterby=4927  

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options