Setup of TD-W8970 to talktalk fibre

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-11-14 17:39:37
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8970

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version :

ISP : talktalk

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum, hopefully you can help with my problem, scenario is as follows: -

My ISP is Talktalk in the UK, i had Simply Broadband with them for over a year and used the TD-W8970 instead of the TalkTalk supplied router. The TD-W8970 worked great, had no issues, very easy to setup and it never missed a beat. I have now upgraded to TalkTalk Fibre but i cannot for the life of me get the TD-W8970 router to work, i'm having to use the TalkTalk supplied router (Fibre Super Router).

When the Engineer came over to upgrade my line, all they did was install a new Phone Socket to the wall, which is the Openreach Mk2 VDSL (top and bottom split) which has a standard RJ45 cable connection into it and to the router.

When i first got connected to the upgraded Fibre line, i used the TalkTalk router for a while until the line stabilised, and then i was hoping to simply plug the TD-W8970 back in and be up and running, as i thought no settings would need to be changed, but no such luck. I've tried running the Quick Setup again and again through the router chnaging things I have seen on the Talktalk Support Forum, but i still cant get it to work.

I have tried plugging the RJ45 cable into the back of the TD-W8970 ADSL socket and the WAN port, but it makes no difference.

Can anyone help with my situation?

Thanks

Simon1986
Options
1 Reply
Re:Setup of TD-W8970 to talktalk fibre
2014-11-14 17:57:30
TD-W8970 doesn't support VDSL line. I think that's the problem.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 664

Replies: 1