help me to setup connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-11-25 17:41:14
Region : India

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version :

ISP :

please some one help me

well actually i have the tp link W8961ND adsl2+modem router which takes input through rj11 cable & enable access the internet via wifi
but now problem is, i have switch my isp now new isp is local one who provides internet through fiberoptics and on customer end he gives me the rj45 cable .
now i want to use that internet over wifi as the devices i have is more than 8 and isp requires the username and password to connect but i dont know how to setup this connection in my modem+router as the input taken by modem is rj11 not rj45 so can you please help me thankx in advance i read many articles saying that bridge connection / disabling dhcp will serve the problem so can somebody help in step by step. i am not in condition to change my modem and purchase another one thankx again
Options
3 Reply
Re:help me to setup connection
2014-11-26 10:31:49
You are using TD-W8968 V3? If so, it has EWAN feature which means that it can work with a fiber modem.
The rj45 cable should be plugged into LAN4/WAN port on W8968. Follow this. http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=480
Options
2014-11-27 18:15:06
sir i am using w8961ND i dont think it has EWAN feature
Options
2014-11-27 22:46:50
If you indeed have a Model: TD-W8961ND then you have an ADSL modem without EWAN feature. Replace the Model: TD-W8961ND with any router that is not an ADSL modem combination.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 480

Replies: 3

Related Articles