Web-based quick set up wizard for Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router - TD-W8951ND

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-11-26 13:13:15
Region : Australia

Model : TD-W8951ND

Hardware Version : V5

Firmware Version :

ISP : Spintel

Hi folks,

I'm trying to configure the above device with my father-in-law's PC.

Unfortunately, he recently upgraded his operating system to Windows 8.1 which has rendered his DVD/CD rom drive inoperable. From a quick search on Google, this seems to be a problem experienced by others who've updated to Windows 8.1 and I find it staggering that Microsoft doesn't seem to have published any clear instructions on how to fix this issue.

Anyhow, I'd like to configure the TP-Link modem by running a web-based quick set up wizard. Could someone please point me to where I can find the relevant quick set up wizard so I can use this method. Will the quick set up wizard run if I download the appropriate firmware upgrade for this modem from the Download section of TP-Link's website?

Many thanks

Ed
Options
2 Reply
Re:Web-based quick set up wizard for Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router - TD-W8951ND
2014-11-26 13:44:02
Quite easy. Remeber to disconnect from other network if you can access internet.
Connect your PC to LAN port of W8951ND. Open the web browser. Type in http://192.168.1.1 in address bar and press enter. Username and password are both admin. After login, you can see Quick Start and you can configure it step by step.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=114
Options
Re:Web-based quick set up wizard for Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router - TD-W8951ND
2014-11-26 15:19:54
Thanks Ada, that seems simple enough.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 771

Replies: 2

Related Articles