Archer D7 5GHz coverage dreadfull

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-11-28 06:04:15
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : just updated to latest

ISP : Utility Warehouse

Previous router Technicolor 582n pro supplied at no extra by ISP.

Problem; I now have ipad and could get no signal in furthest reaches of my house. Require about 2 metre extra coverage over and above what the Technicolor provides.

Purchased Archer D7, 2.4GHz signal almost exactly the same as the "free" router, 5GHz signal about 1 metre LESS than "free" router.

My ISP tried and failed after having suggested I get this modem/router.

TP Link telephone support could only come up with changing channel and loading latest firmware niether of which has made the slighted difference.

Help would be much appreciated.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer D7 5GHz coverage dreadfull
2014-11-28 11:36:59
Technicolor 582n is not a dual band router, isn't it?
Since the old one and D7 work similar to each other in signal strength, it means that probably it is a limitation of your network environment. To improve it, you should use a repeater or range extender.

"Purchased Archer D7, 2.4GHz signal almost exactly the same as the "free" router, 5GHz signal about 1 metre LESS than "free" router."
About wireless coverage, generally, the lower the frequency the farther a wireless signal can travel. Therefore, devices on a 5 GHz network will tend to have a shorter range than those using 2.4 GHz.

Thus, I don't think your D7 is abnormal.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 325

Replies: 1

Related Articles