IPv6 Support

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

IPv6 Support

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
IPv6 Support
IPv6 Support
2014-12-01 10:43:42
Region : Canada

Model : TD-8816

Hardware Version : V7

Firmware Version :

ISP : Teksavvy

I have this modem set in bridge mode. I , have a TP-Link AC 1750 Archer 7 router attached to it. I am attempting to setup IPv6. The router is not returning a WAN IPV6 address, using PPOEv6 login and Get IPv6 Prefix Delegation. The Lan part appears to get the /64 address OK so the LAN is configured automatically by the router., but there is also this: Message: Get a IPv6 prefix delegation. My question here is, is the modem causing this, as I noticed just now that only v8 of this model is IPv6 compliant. I'm hoping that only refers to the router side of it.

Anyone with any suggestions, on either item, I would appreciate it.
Options
17 Reply
Re:IPv6 Support
2014-12-01 15:44:50
You must have checked this, right? http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=482
You need V8 or a different model to work with IPv6.
Options
2014-12-01 21:16:01

Mavis wrote

You must have checked this, right? http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=482
You need V8 or a different model to work with IPv6.

Did not read an article but I did see the V8. I believe I asked if that v8 also applied to the modem in bridge mode, or just to the router part??
Options
2014-12-02 11:40:03

Franciscus wrote

Did not read an article but I did see the V8. I believe I asked if that v8 also applied to the modem in bridge mode, or just to the router part??

Are you trying to say IPv6 also applied to the modem in bridge mode, or just to the router part?
In bridge mode, if you use a wireless router to share internet, the router should support IPv6.
Options
2014-12-02 12:05:51

Ada wrote

Are you trying to say IPv6 also applied to the modem in bridge mode, or just to the router part?
In bridge mode, if you use a wireless router to share internet, the router should support IPv6.

No, I am wondering if that also applies if the unit is in bridge mode. I have a TP-Link AC-1750, Dual band router, that does the connecting. I am unable to get an IPv6 address returned to me when I connect to the V6 server at Teksavvy It is supposed to be Native IPV6, but I cant get there, and not much support since it is in Beta.
Options
2014-12-03 15:55:22
Is it D7? Why use it in bridge mode? What do you mean?
Options
2014-12-03 23:32:33

Mavis wrote

Is it D7? Why use it in bridge mode? What do you mean?

If you mean the Router, is an Archer C7. The modem/router is what I am using in bridge mode, as I do not need the router part of it, and it created connection problems with the router portion activated. Meaning mostly port forwarding etc. I run a 7 computer network here. I am just trying to find out where exactly my problem lies with the non connect for IPv6. Is it the modem, is there a problem with the router. I am not getting any answers yet in another forum I have posted as of yet, I do realize this is about the modem and that was where my question here was directed. Will the modem pass IPv6 in bridge mode.
Options
2014-12-04 14:18:12
So you got two TP-LINK devices, one TD-8816 and one Archer C7, right?
Is your C7 running in latest firmware?
Options
2014-12-04 22:43:06

Ada wrote

So you got two TP-LINK devices, one TD-8816 and one Archer C7, right?
Is your C7 running in latest firmware?

Yes that is correct, and yes I am running the latest firmware. That was the first thing I did after reading on the TIP-Link site about possible IPv6 issues.with the older firmware.
Options
2014-12-05 13:54:06
Since the modem is in bridge mode, if the router supports IPv6, you should be able to connect to IPv6 service.
Are you sure your ISP is providing IPv6 service?
With modem connected directly to your PC, can you dail up on your PC successfully? Any IPv6 IP abtained?
Options
2014-12-06 23:43:53

Ada wrote

Since the modem is in bridge mode, if the router supports IPv6, you should be able to connect to IPv6 service.
Are you sure your ISP is providing IPv6 service?
With modem connected directly to your PC, can you dail up on your PC successfully? Any IPv6 IP abtained?

Since this modem/router will not support IPv6, that is not something I can try. I can connect to the IPv6 server, what I do not get, after connecting is an IPv6 number The /64 remains blank. Teksavvy (My ISP) is offerening beta IPv6). I'm led to believe that if I install Tomato on the router it should work, but I'd rather not get into that as of yet at least. Since the Archer C7 supports IPv6 I would rather get that working. Accordig to your answer, that should happen with the modem in bridge mode. I have the recursive numbers, and the /64 and /56 numbers given to me by the provider. There is no place to enter the /56 however. Since I have to log in, I need to be in Pv6PPPoEv6 mode
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1721

Replies: 17

Related Articles