Media Server not listing all the media through UPnP/DLNA on TDW8968

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-12-06 14:06:55
Region : India

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : 1.0.5 Build 140821 Rel.52209

ISP :

Hi all, I recently bought the TDW8968 ADSL router/modem and wanted to use the Media Server feature of the router.

I connected a 150 GB hard disk and configured the media server to share only the Photos folder (around 70 GB with ~18000 files). However when I try to access it through UPnP/DLNA on my mobile/tv, although I can see that it lists all the folders inside Photos directory, only first 19 out of 100 folders show up with media inside them. All other folders show as "0 Items". i.e. only around 3000 files are visible.
I am able to see them completely through SMB but I had like to have all the files visible through DLNA.
Can anyone please let me know what could be causing this issue and how I can resolve it?
If there is a bug in the firmware, will there be any updates that would be provided that would resolve this issue?
Options
1 Reply
Re:Media Server not listing all the media through UPnP/DLNA on TDW8968
2014-12-07 19:49:57
TP-Link doesn't have full DLNA certification. Producer guaranty compatibility 100% with WMP.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 418

Replies: 1