What are the default firewall rules for TD-W8960N?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-12-06 21:56:53
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8960N

Hardware Version : V5

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I'm just trying to find out what the default firewall rules are for the wireless router model number TD-W8960N and is the firewall enabled by default. I'm assuming the firewall is enabled by default although using the web interface its difficult to tell. Would I be right in thinking that all inbound connection requests (from the internet) are disabled and all outbound traffic (from the LAN ports) is permitted. Many thanks.
Options
3 Reply
Re:What are the default firewall rules for TD-W8960N?
2014-12-08 14:58:50
On the web interface, there is firewall option, right? Has it been checked or unchecked?
Options
2014-12-08 17:59:00
Hi Ada and thanks for responding. There is no specific "firewall" option from the main menu. Under "Advanced Setup" -> "Security" there is only IP filtering and Mac Filtering. I'm a Solaris/Redhat admin use to Iptables so I was looking for something like "block all incoming requests (from the internet) and allow all outgoing traffic (from the LAN)". Can't see anything like that although in the documentation it says the router implements a full, stateful firewall. I'm guessing its a very BASIC firewall that you can't really administer directly. So I just want to know 1) Is there a firewall and if there is 2) what are the default rules. I'm sure someone at TP knows and it would be helpful to pass that information on. Thx.
Options
2014-12-09 18:03:04
The build details are:
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 140804 Rel.57067
Hardware Version: TD-W8960N V5 0x00000001
I'd hoped there would be a fully functional firewall on the router since as a home user accessing the internet I like the idea of a seperate firewall on the router in addiion to one on my PC. Two layers of security from different vendors helps limit the ability of hackers to breach security. I don't think this router does have a fully functioning firewall, at least not the type I have seen on other routers. Thx
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1014

Replies: 3

Related Articles