TP link TL-WA850RE no internet ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP link TL-WA850RE no internet ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
21 Reply
Re:TP link TL-WA850RE no internet ?
2014-12-21 18:51:26

golf wrote

Hi

Just to check the ip information of your tablet, if the ip information is not correct, then you will surly not get the Internet access.

The DHCP server is used to configure ip information. In your network, it is the router that out to configure the ip conformation. So you should turn off the DHCP server of the extender and make sure the DHCP server of your router is enabled. To confirm the ip information of your tablet, you could connect your tablet to the router directly and record the ip information, then add the extender, and check the tablet's ip again, if the ip is not correct, you could have a try to set static ip information for the tablet.

What's more, since 850 is only a wireless repeater, and there is not much settings to change on it. So, you could do some changes in the wireless settings of your router, the channel, the bandwidth, and the wireless security rules (PSK/PSK, WEP). And then, re-configure the extender to adjust the new settings.

cheers

Many thanks again , will investigate these ideas , when I have time , its taken a back seat at the moment , busy busy , wishing you & yours a Merry Christmas :-)
Options
2014-12-23 19:44:45
Also having the same issues, thew TP link worked fine for over 8 months, now its just stopped. All the lights are correct, on the TP link homepage it shows its connected to my network but unable to load any pages etc. tried all the reboots / factory resets no avail.
Options
issues
2014-12-23 20:51:59
Having same issues as you. i'm wiuth talktalk though and it seems theyve updated my router so that could be causing my issues.
Options
2014-12-24 15:43:34
Hello, everyone. I think it is because TalkTalk update their routers' firmware, so although we change nothing on the Range Extender, it becomes unable to access internet.

So who is your ISP? TalkTalk, BT, Oringe, ?
Are you using the following gateway routers? BThub, livebox, freebox, talktalkbox(i dont know whether there is such name..).

PS: Merry Christmas : )
Options
2014-12-24 15:44:23
@Kyrne Model number of your router?
Firmware version of your WA850RE?
Status page and system log screenshot pls.
Options
2014-12-24 17:08:07
Hi everyone
Sometimes the ISP make limitations in their routers ,which just the devices connectted to routers directlly can get the internet.
I had heared things like that.
When you have met this situation , maybe you need to contact with your ISP .
Hope this will be helpful.
Options
2014-12-24 18:58:23
Im also now wondering if its a router problem , as our post office / Bt router got upgraded , and I couldnt get our old extender working with it , I was thinking it was because it was old/broken and so bought this one new as a replacement !
Options
2014-12-26 11:13:49

mrlimbo wrote

Im also now wondering if its a router problem , as our post office / Bt router got upgraded , and I couldnt get our old extender working with it , I was thinking it was because it was old/broken and so bought this one new as a replacement !

So, you have mentioned that your router is a zyxel one, so now you are using a new router? it is a BT HUB?
Options
2014-12-26 19:19:09

golf wrote

So, you have mentioned that your router is a zyxel one, so now you are using a new router? it is a BT HUB?

No the ZyXEL one is the new one , mind you these wifi extenders should just work , shouldnt they ? regardless of the router !
Options
2014-12-29 14:03:54
Not if the router has some special mechanism preventing the extender to extend its Wi-Fi.

From your screenshot the WA850RE itself is definitely accessing internet as it says NTP and DNS success.

1. Do a last check on your client devices (your laptop, tablets, smartphone) --- when your client devices are connected to the WA850RE, check whether they obtains correct IP address and gateway address.

2. Log into the WA850RE via http://tplinkextender.net , run quick setup to configure it, but try mode 2(WDS mode) instead of mode1(universal mode). Give it a try
Options
Related Articles