Archer D7 Media Server to Xbox 360 stopped working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-12-09 10:17:09
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

Recently got an Archer D7 and was able to stream from the Archer D7 USB Media Server to the Xbox 360 fine for a week or so, but now it doesn't show up on the Xbox under the System Video Player section.

There was a recent update to the Xbox and while the streaming did work after that for a short time, only the icon of the D7 showed up (the name was missing). Then when I enabled another media server, that icon went away and since then, even after disabling the other media server, I can no longer get the D7 to appear.

I can see and stream from the D7 to ipad and other devices fine, just the not xbox.

I've reset the D7 to factory defaults and redone the xbox initial setup, but it still doesn't appear.

Yes I've read that its not the best media server, but that's fine, I just need something basic and it was working just fine for that.

Anyone else experienced this recent change?
Any idea on what else I can try?

Thanks
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer D7 Media Server to Xbox 360 stopped working
2014-12-10 10:04:55
Firmware version of your D7?
Probably it is a compatiblity issue since D7 may not use standard DLNA protocol.
Try to confirm with TP-LINK support. http://www.tp-link.com/en/Support/contact/
Options
Re:Archer D7 Media Server to Xbox 360 stopped working
2014-12-10 13:05:45
Latest version of firmware Archer D7_V1_140624.
Which was the same before and after the issue occurred.

I guess I'll see what TPLink have to say.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 537

Replies: 2

Related Articles