How to set up TD-W8151N as a wireless router alone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-12-20 22:50:14
Region : India

Model : TD-W8151N

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version :

ISP : BSNL

I am currently using TD-W8151N for my BSNL ADSL Connection.
I am changing this to ACT Broadband which is a Fibre Optic Connection.

They have given me a cable with a connector which can be connected to an RJ45 port.
However TD-W8151N has only 1 LAN Port and I can connect the RJ45 cable to this port.
But how can I configure this modem cum router to act only as a router?
Any suggestions please..
Options
2 Reply
Re:How to set up TD-W8151N as a wireless router alone
2014-12-24 17:25:20
I check this model online, it has only one LAN port. It can not meet your requirement now since you no longer use adsl line for Internet
I suggest you to buy another wireless router likeTL-WR841N. If you prefer a adsl modem router in case you use adsl line again in the futur, you can also choose a wireless ADSL modem router such as TD-W8970, those TP-LINK adsl wireless modem router with 4 ports can be used as a pure wireless router by leaving the adsl port empty.
Options
Re:How to set up TD-W8151N as a wireless router alone
2016-02-22 02:52:44
is it posibble to connect the act fibernet cable to a d-link lan and from that add a lan wire to tp-link, so that simultaneously it is connected to both computer and wifi.......?
Options