TL-WPA4220 drops connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WPA4220 drops connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
17 Reply
Update not working for me
2015-02-03 09:59:57
Hello

I am having also the same problem. I tried installing the upgrade mentioned before but the only thing that happens is that my TL-WPA4220 gets an IP starting with 169.254 and stops working. I have had to reset it to factory settings to have it working again, which means that my original problem still persists.
Options
Re:TL-WPA4220 drops connection
2015-02-03 15:57:56
You'd better contact TP-LINK support directly as it is quite difficult to solve such an annoying issue via forum.
http://ticket.tp-link.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
Options
2015-02-04 07:00:28
Same problem here. Issuing a ticket with TP-Link is of no use. I did, got a confirmation, then got a lot of silence, then an email stating that they didn't hear from me so the assumed the problem had gone away. So I responded that I normally stay silent when I wait for an answer. Again no response until the same mail about me being silent appeared. Being slightly flabbergasted I did not respond, so the ticket was closed...

Frank
Options
2015-02-04 13:42:22
Frank, their ticket system is not quite stable sometimes and it will close automatically if there is no response from the customer for several days according to my experience.
But it is quite easy to open it again. Anyway, if more and more people report such a issue to their support team, they may pay more attention to it and get it solved more quickly.
Options
2015-02-05 01:11:27
Vivian, 'not quite stable' is not the wording I would choose. I opened my ticket on Nov 19th, got no response whatsoever and it was closed automatically on Dec 1st. I tried to phone them (they are in the Netherlands), but the phone was not answered. Of course I can repoen the ticket, but currently I think it is their customer support procedure that is not quite stable...
Options
Got it working
2015-09-03 20:20:13
Ok, here's what worked for me.

Because I'm using a Superhub 2 on Virgin Media, the clone process did not work for me so I had to set up manually. This meant that my Router had one SSID and Pass and my TPLINK had a different SSID and PASS.

I was connecting to the TPLINK around the house without a problem but the connection would just drop out every once in a while for no reason, even though my laptop/tablet would show the connection as being fine.

So I used the little disc that came with the TPLINK device (I understand you can also the program from the TPLINK website) and loaded it up on the PC that is connected to my Router and I logged directly into the TPLINK device via my browser. Both the username and pass are set as "admin" (without the quote marks) as default.

Once logged in I looked around the wireless settings and was able to change the SSID and Pass to be the same as the SSID and Pass as my Router. This seems to have resolved the problem.

For the record, none of the other methods such as turning off Powersave mode worked for me at all. Although, constanly pinging the TPLINK device via its IP address did force the connection to stay up but I wouldn't exactly consider that a fix for the problem.

Hope this helps someone because this was a pain in the butt for me and TPLINK are far from helpful, it's such a simple fix too and would have saved me a lot of messing about if I'd known about it.
Options
2015-09-04 17:47:06
thanks for the info!, whats the ip for the network adapters ?

how long has it been since the adapter stopped working ?
Options