connection problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

connection problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
connection problem
connection problem
2015-01-01 04:18:32
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WR340G

Hardware Version : V5

Firmware Version :

ISP : sky

Hi Guys,
I could really do with some advice,
I have broadband supplied by sky, it comes in the house and plugs into a sky router, However because the signal isn't strong enough to reach the whole house I have a cable
from the router going into a tplink plug in the wall socket and in the next room I have a tplink pug in the socket with a cable coming out of that and into a tplink router, so this gives me two separate signals. so any wireless device could connect to either signal. We have just had an xbox one for Christmas but could not get it to connect due to the NAT
settings being Moderate and needed to be 'open' so I went into the sky router setup, into the WAN set up ticked the default DMZ server changed the IP address by adding 10 to
the last digits, I then put the same IP address into the xbox and hay presto it works and I can connect anything I want to the sky signal in the house, the problem I have is
The TPlink is still available but when I connect to it there is no internet access, I think I understand it's because I changed the ip address in the main router but I don't know how to fix it.

Can anyone help sorry its a long story but I thought it best to try and give you as much info as possible.

thanks Andy
Options
1 Reply
Re:connection problem
2015-01-04 15:47:08
Hi, here is trick. Don't use the TP-LINK as a second router! Use it as a access point!

Follow this FAQ article to set it up. The key step is to disable DHCP service on TP-LINK, and connected TL-LINK's LAN port to main router's LAN port.

http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=417
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 548

Replies: 1

Related Articles