remote (WAN) access to internal (LAN) device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-01-03 22:06:50
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8960N

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version :

ISP : Zen

I have a LAN connected central heating control computer which I need to be able to access both internally and externally. on a netgear modem router I enabled the following:-

Firewall HTTPS Allow Always 192.168.0.100 Any Always
Outbound Remote Deskt ditto
Streamer ditto
HTTP ditto
Inbound HTTP Allow Always 192.168.0.250 Any Always
HTTPS ditto
FTP ditto
Telnet ditto
HTG1 ditto
HTG2 ditto

How would I get external access using my replacement TD-W8960N?

Brian
Options
1 Reply
Re:remote (WAN) access to internal (LAN) device
2015-01-05 02:53:44
If I undesrtood, you have the wan port of the router conected to the gateway lan port? then...

You need to port foward, from the gateway to the router, then from the router to the device (You should set static private IP address to the device in your lan), also if you don't have static public IP address you need to set dynamic dns like no-ip.

All this in case you have DHCP sv working both on gateway and router in a sublan.

If you replaced netgear gateway with the tp link router, just foward the port to the device in the webUI (You should set static private IP address to the device in your lan), and like above if you have dynamic public IP address

feedback

saludos
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1220

Replies: 1