Firmware update file rejected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Firmware update file rejected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
11 Reply
Re:Firmware update file rejected
2015-01-14 05:34:28
Hi all,,

I was eventually able to upgrade the firmware to the latest version by following coca koala's guide posted above. However, I had to reset the router to factory settings also before the upgrade in order to upgrade successfully. Remember to reset to factory settings once again after the upgrade for the new code to take effect.

Unfortunately, got a different issue after the upgrade - I noticed huge Rx Error/Drop counts (2600+ almost immediately after reboot) and a few Tx Errors/Drops (3 a while after reboot) when looking at WLAN statistics . The number increases everytime I refresh the statistics. I'm pretty sure it wasn't this bad prior the upgrade.

There isn't any device sitting next to the router and transmitting/receiving so I do not think it's due to some interference. Wireless mode is set to 802.11g+n as I also have some older devices that do not support 802.11n. Channel Bandwidth 20/40 MHz.
The WiFi signal is strong and stable so far. Are the Errors and Drops something to be concerned about?

Sorry for going a bit off the original topic.
Options
Related Articles