VDSL configuration for my modem/router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-01-05 03:29:31
Region : Argentina

Model : TD-W8151N

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : V3

ISP : Arnet

So i've recived notice I was getting 23Mb from my ISP (23? that's what the IT man (IT man? more like dude installing crappy huaweii modems) said) (used to have 5Mb service from mi ISP)

they called and said we will be sending a new modem with a tecnician to install it. And it happened while I was not at home, I got home and the modem was installed and my tp link was disconected on the table, took me like 3 seconds to unplug the huaweii modem and replug my tp link (not a fan yet) and I've tested the speed with speedtest and got lik 19Mb but lately i've been getting no more than 10Mb and I'm curious, is there some config I've not setted? like for this new vdsl service? I new a new modem? Why I'm not getting the 20Mb?? It's just an ISP issue as 99% of the times?
Options
2 Reply
Re:VDSL configuration for my modem/router?
2015-01-05 12:40:11
Hey, there

TD-W8151N is a ADSL modem router, doesn't support VDSL.
Since you are already using it on your new VDSL service, it means your ISP allows ADSL/VDSL dial-up on the same line. The decreased speed (<10Mbps) is probably because the TP-LINK acquires a 12Mbps ADSL connection.

Try force it to use ADSL2+ mode.

If you do need 23Mb VDSL connection, just use the Huawei VDSL modem. Or call the ISP and ask them to let you use 23Mbps ADSL connection on this VDSL line.
Options
Re:VDSL configuration for my modem/router?
2015-01-05 23:02:39
Thanks a lot! gonna give it a try!

Obrigado!

EDIT:

worked like a charm! owe you a beer

uma skol! :D
Options